Sunday, November 4, 2007

Experience

(Brad) Yesterday I watched a movie titled “The Second Chance” starring Michael W. Smith (yep, the Christian singer). The acting is ok but I really enjoyed the movie. At one point in the movie a man who obviously is a little slow mentally says he was reading his Bible last night and it says we should love our Christian brothers and sisters. He thought he had said something unloving to another man and so he washed the guys feet. As I watch this scene I thought to myself “Why is it so hard to just do what the Bible says and not worry about the consequences? To just read it, do it, and let God handle how it turns out.” In fact, I had to stop my work as I was so convicted. I begin to cry and ask God to forgive me for my failure to do what His Word says.
Ever wondered what the world would be like if every Christian just read the Bible and did what it said all day, every day of the year?

No comments: